Vision and Goals
The Geyserville Chamber of Commerce exists to promote local businesses, enhance a sense of community, provide a viable social network and encourage a quality lifestyle.
1. Promote Geyserville as a desirable tourist destination and “Wine Capital of Sonoma County.”
a. Utilize professional public relations/advertising services, internet technology and social media.
b. Seek underwriting practitioners when appropriate.
c. Collaborate with other entities promoting wine country events.
d. Highlight local lodging, restaurants, wine tasting, art galleries and other available services.
2. Support and promote Geyserville as a friendly community maintaining a sense of small town values and citizen involvement.
a. Continue monthly Chamber meetings/dinners.
b. Support/sponsor May Day Festival, Fall Colors, Winter Holiday festivities and similar events.
c. Develop and/or encourage additional community events.
d. Identify and welcome new businesses and residents.
3. Explore an attractive “anchor” for the town, perhaps an art piece that reflects our casual, friendly atmosphere.
a. Seek artistic input.
4. Encourage viable downtown businesses that support existing wine tasting rooms, restaurants, lodging and art galleries.
a. Encourage additional retail stores and businesses where locals and tourists could shop, browse and receive essential services.
b. Provide current and updated information on potential business sites and opportunities to interested investors.
5. Promote and preserve Geyserville’s historic resources, as well as providing information to tourists of outlying activities such as wineries, Lake Sonoma and cycling events.
a. Discuss and study the possibility of a small historical museum and visitor information booth.
b. Explore additional opportunities to promote and identify Geyserville, perhaps through its Italian heritage utilizing current Italian restaurants, wine, etc.
6. Promote businesses and activities that reflect the current demographics and diversity of the community.
a. Support Hispanic cultural events.
b. Celebrate and support local labor force as a valued part of community.
7. Promote Geyserville as a great place to live where seniors and young families co-exist.
a. Support local youth and schools through promotional sources and family friendly activities and events.
8. Support the Geyserville Advisory Planning Committee in assuring Geyserville attracts development consistent with our vision/goals.